Sep 17, 2008

Nouveau

A friend of mine in high school changed her phone number every time she broke up with a boyfriend. This meant that on average, she would get a number every few weeks or months. Starting a new blog is similar to changing your cellular phone number post-traumatic breakup. It is unfortunate however, that a recorded message doesn't play when someone types in an old URL. "We're sorry. The blog you are trying to reach is unavailable. Please exit and try your URL again. This is a recording. We're sorry. The blog..."

It's a good thing having a change of cyber address. Changing and starting over cuts out the possibility of the cyber-equivalent of drunk-dialing, booty call temptation and the always messy 'accident-text/call.'

So here I am, back on 'the scene.' And although I haven't gone through a breakup, I certainly feel that a clean slate from my old URL was needed. Y'know, to clear the air? All I know is that if I were newly single-ready-to-mingle, I'd spend the next few minutes clinking my glass with the people around me and celebrate to a new start.

Cheers

Cheers

1 comment:

vintage muse said...

hurray for new beginnings!

i love this blog so far, more more more.

lets hang soon soon soon xoxo