Sep 9, 2009

"People think I’m a moody bitch"

Vicky B is on the cover of October's Elle Magazine. I keep forgetting that she's Stateside as she hardly ever gets photographed by the paparazzo. You lot should read some of the quotes from this issue- she's so sweet and normal and good natured...pout aside.



On her rumored recent breast augmentation to a smaller size:
We should just not talk about each other’s boobs.

On keeping herself busy with TV while David was away:
I’ve done Nip/Tuck, Brothers & Sisters, Grey’s Anatomy, Private Practice. Then I got into Gossip Girl. I’m beyond obsessed with that show.




On raising her children:
[They] bloody well will work. Same as myself, same as David. They’re not going to be the kind of kids that just hang about. I want them to be able to fulfill their passions, but I think it’s important that the children grow up and have respect for themselves.

On being perceived as a cold person:
People think I’m a moody bitch. I do have my insecurities. Maybe that is why I look a little bit serious. The kind of person who’s going to stand on the red carpet and love the attention and have the big grin—I’m just not like that. I want to get in there, do what I’ve got to do, and get home to my kids.

On adjusting to life in America:
You know, I love America. It’s such a positive country. When people say to me, ‘How long did it take for you to adjust? Poor you, it must’ve been really difficult’ – poor me? I’m living in Beverly Hills. I’m very, very lucky. I wake up every morning and I recognize that I’m blessed.




On being separated from husband David Beckham for six months while he was playing soccer in Milan:
I felt like someone had chopped my arm off, to be completely honest. Everything we do, we do together. I very rarely go out on my own, unless it’s a work commitment.

On the Los Angeles style of dress:
I find it odd that people will go to a nice restaurant or to theater in jeans and T-shirts. You know, it’s great, David loves it. But it’s very different to my personal style.

On her ever changing personal style:
There are celebrities who always look great, always look pretty, but it’s always the same hair, the same makeup, and I find that quite boring. I want to change it up, do something really creative. I think that might be why women like me.



On whether her look has changed since moving from England to Beverly Hills:
I haven’t changed the way that I dress at all, which is probably why people stare a lot.

On her private family life:
David and I have a working relationship together, and we also have a private life together. Someone used the example recently of Brad and Angelina. They might be in a movie together, but that doesn’t mean they’re going to let someone film them at home. I don’t do ‘at homes’ with my family. I don’t march my kids down red carpets. It’s just not how we choose to do things.

On the prices of her own dresses:
Would I think twice about buying a dress that costs $2,000? Yeah! Of course I would. I’d try it on and go home and think about it before I bought it.

2 comments:

vintage muse said...

she looks great. and she always makes me laugh.

DeepV said...

She's just a regular woman methinks...she has this wit that I like.