Oct 26, 2008

The Craft

During one of my bi-weekly (I've gotten better since!) IKEA trips I fell in love with a fabric and bought a few metres of it on whim. It's been about two-and-a-half years since and I've played with the idea of using it as a duvet cover, cushion cover or even a panel sewn on to my drapery. It only dawned on me about a month ago that they would make really great wall panels.

With this idea I decided to dig out the only canvases I had lying around in my basement and put them-and the staple gun-to good use.

Photobucket Photobucket
Photobucket Photobucket

And finally, the finished product.

Photobucket Photobucket
Who said black and brown don't go together?Photobucket

2 comments:

vintage muse said...

totally brill. can i copy that idea??!?!

KNC said...

Tres brilliant!