Fit for a First Lady.
Jason Wu shot to stardom after Michelle Obama donned his gown for the seemingly endless night of inaugural balls. The ivory, single strap gown, now infamous and widely mimicked, was right on trend without seeming overtly fussy.
I think it's great that Michelle O is going to young, upcoming designers for her wardrobe. After eight horrible years of seeing Laura Bush wear an endless parade of stiff and stuffy Oscar De La Renta pieces, having Michelle O as First Lady is great change. I really have faith that Michelle O will carve out what it means to be First Lady the same way Hillary Clinton did during the Clinton administration.
Politics aside, here is Wu's F/W 2009 collection. The designs are edgy or complicated or even groundbreaking, but they are accessible and wearable for a large cross-section of women- the new Michael Kors?
- Michelle O
- Reason #193719 that Madonna has the best publicist...
- Gaga Style
- Michelle Tanner x2
- Live-blogging ProRunCan2 - Ep5
- Vintage Fashion Bazaar
- Favorite NYFW Collection #1: Marc Jacobs
- Will these also be sold at Target?
- Welcome to Heartbreak
- Pet Shop Boys!
- Some people carry a Birkin, others....
- Favorite NYFW Collection #2: Jason Wu
- Live-blogging ProRunCan2 - Episode 4
- Favorite NYFW collection #3: Alexander Wang
- Adrianna Lima as Amy Winehouse
- All sorts of Fresh
- Grace Under V II
- Got my ass squeezed by sexy cupid!
- LiveBlogging ProRun2 - Ep 3
- Blame it on Rio
- Live-blogging ProRunCan2- Episode 2
- ▼ February (23)